Are you ready to take your gaming to the next level? If so, you need to upgrade your monitor. Your old 1080p monitor could be holding you back. This is also true for the 2160p monitors. Performance probably won’t be a problem with a 1080p monitor, but you are sacrificing on the visuals. 2160p monitors will provide better visual quality and resolution, but performance will be an issue if your GPU can’t keep up. To resolve all these problems, many gamers are upgrading to a 1440p monitor. The best 1440p G sync monitor can display amazing graphics, refresh at a faster rate, and deliver optimal performance.
A Quick Look at the Top Rated 1440p G Sync Monitor
5 Best 1440p G Sync Monitor Reviewed
Choosing a new monitor can be confusing, but here you’ll find the information you need to make the best decision.
1. Asus MG278Q
Fast Response and Refresh Times: The MG278Q is designed specifically for gamers. It has a super-fast response time and a refresh rate that ensures tearing, smearing and blurry visuals won’t be a problem. The monitor also has Asus’s eye care technology. This prevents eye strain from marathon gaming sessions.
Adjustable: You can adjust the monitor to your viewing preferences. It swivels, pivots, and tilts. It can also be adjusted for height. No more craning your neck, just to get a clear view of the screen. You can also mount the monitor on a wall or leave it in its adjustable stand.
Sleek Design: Asus’s MG278Q monitor has a slim and sleek design. Multi-display setups aren’t a problem with the narrow bezel design. There are six pre-set display modes that are ideal for a variety of gaming scenarios. You can find these setups in the “settings” menu.
With plenty of ports to attach external gaming devices, this monitor will keep you happily gaming for hours.
- The 27-inch monitor has a 1ms response time and fast 144Hz refresh rate
- A blue-light filter and flicker-free backlighting help to reduce eye-strain
- The Nvidia G-Sync technology ensures a smooth gaming experience
- The stand is adjustable and ergonomically designed
- The Asus MG278Q monitor comes with a three-year warranty
- There might be a slight IPS glow that is noticeable in the dark
- Shipping costs may not be covered if the monitor needs to be returned due to performance issues
Smooth Visuals: You will notice a difference the first time you play a game on the GFT27DB monitor. You can experience smooth visuals and quick response times, even on fast-paced, action-packed games. There won’t be any lag time that can ruin your place on the leaderboards. Every scene will flow smoothly, without ghosting or blurring.
Plenty of Ports: If you like to multitask while gaming, this won’t be a problem. There are plenty of ports, along with inputs, so you can easily connect other devices. This includes soundbars and cameras, along with other devices that you might just want to charge during the game.
Flexible Design: The monitor can be mounted on a wall or left on the included adjustable stand. Its flat design ensures that it will fit almost anywhere you like to play. The black frame gives it a professional and sleek appearance that you’ll be proud to display in your home or office.
- The monitor is G-sync compatible and has a fast and smooth 1ms response time
- The TN panel ensures that all colors are crisp and bright
- Measuring 27-inches, gamers often consider this the perfect size for monitors
- There are plenty of HDMI ports for all your gaming stations, along with an audio jack
- Viotek offers a three-year warranty on the GFT27DB monitor
- The monitor does not come with built-in speakers
- Some consumers have mentioned noticing dead pixels
Minimalist Design: Get the best gaming experience from your monitor, without taking up a lot of room on your desktop or wall. You get this and more with the Elite XG270QG from ViewSonic. It has a slim and sleek design that minimalists will love. It also ensures that you can place it almost anywhere you like to game.
Vivid Graphics: Along with lightning-fast response and refresh times, the monitor also produces stunning color and depth. Games will seem to come alive while you are playing. The vivid graphics ensure that you won’t miss any of the action, while also helping you to have a more immersive experience.
Borderless: Hate when you are distracted by a monitor’s frame while you are gaming? ViewSonic has taken care of this problem. The XG270QG is borderless on three sides for less distraction. When this is combined with the visuals, you get easily get lost for hours playing your favorite games.
- The combined 1440p resolution with the 1ms response time and 165Hz refresh rate give you the ultimate game experience
- Nano color technology brings visuals to like, without interfering glare
- There are several design enhancements for all your gaming components
- Frame rates are synchronized for uninterrupted gaming
- Its three-sided bezel design is ideal for setups with multiple monitors
- The XG270QG monitor is priced higher than several other models
- There is only one HDMI port which limits how many devices you can connect
Game for Hours: The name alone signifies that the Predator series of monitors from Acer will improve your gaming experience. Once the XB271HU monitor is connected to your gaming device, get ready for a truly immersive experience. The specs are amazing, and the monitor is even designed to prevent game fatigue. Get ready to comfortably game for hours with this impressive monitor.
Extra Screen Space: You will enjoy the lack of a frame around the monitor. Not only does this limit distractions, but it also gives you more screen space. Now you don’t have to worry about missing anything in a scene, it will all be clearly visible for improved playing. When this is added to the monitor’s superior resolution, everything in your game will be crystal clear and bright at any angle.
Designed for Comfortable Viewing: If you are worried about your comfort when gaming, don’t be. The stand is adjustable for height and it also tilts and swivels. If you prefer a wall mount, this isn’t a problem. Everything you need is included with the monitor. There are also hooks for headsets and to keep your cables out of the way.
- The XB271HU monitor has a fast refresh and response time for smooth gaming
- Eye strain is reduced due to the “flicker less” technology from Acer
- The monitor comes with 2 x2W speakers for clear audio without adding extra components
- You can adjust the monitor stand for comfortable viewing angles
- You can clock at 144HZ, but if it goes over the monitor automatically switches to 165HZ for smooth, uninterrupted game play
- Shipping for repairs does cost extra, even with the manufacturer’s warranty
- Pixels can cluster near the screen’s edge for a blurry game image
Sharp Colors: There is very little not to like about this monitor from AORUS. It is designed specifically for gamers that love marathon sessions. Colors are sharp and true to life. You will also appreciate the high definition range that accurately depicts every color hue for a more realistic viewing experience.
See all the Action: Wide viewing angles ensure that you do not miss any of the action or clues in a game scene. This is also ideal for multiple player games where there is always something going on. You can also watch movies and play games in their original screen size with the fast reclock rate. You will never feel like you are missing a part of the scene again, with the FI27Q-P monitor.
Ergonomic Design: Marathon gamers will appreciate the ergonomic design of the stand. You can easily adjust the position of the monitor for the best viewing angle. Stay comfortable for hours, while knocking out levels, neck or eye strain won’t be a problem.
- The monitor has a 1ms refresh time and is G-Synch compatible
- You appreciate the design of the stand and monitor that ensure comfortable gaming for hours at a time
- The 10 bit IPS panel provides exceptional color clarity
- Active noise cancellation keeps audio crisp and clear, even during multiple player games
- The monitor has OSD sidekick so you can set the display without having to push buttons on the monitor
- This monitor does come at a higher price than other similar models
- There can occasionally be a dark spot on the monitor, but this issue is covered by the product warranty
Things to Consider when Buying a 1440p G Sync Monitor
Price is also a factor you consider when buying a new gaming monitor, but it is not the only or most important one. A few other aspects to think about will ensure that you have the best gaming experience possible from your monitor.
Resolution: Upgrading your monitor should mean that the resolution is noticeably better. 1080p monitors usually have faster response times, while graphics might not be as clear as you’d like. The opposite is true for 2160p, performance can be a problem but the visuals are sharp and vibrant.
If you want the best visuals and performance, 1440p monitors are the way to go. Visuals look great and the monitor won’t be too demanding on your system.
The Panel: You have options when it comes to the type of panel. All three, TN, IPS, and VA have their own unique advantages. If you want performance and don’t care that much about visual clarity, twisted nematic (TN) panels are a great option for you.
In-plane switching (IPS) panels put visuals over performance. Graphics will be sharp and realistic, but you may have a slower response time. For avid gamers that covet the top leader board spots, this could be a problem.
Vertical alignment (VA) panels are a good choice for gamers that want visual clarity and great performance. The color hues might not be as good as TN panels, but they beat them in high-speed performance. This is also true for IPS panels, where color is noticeably brighter but response time might be a little slower.
Refresh Rate: This rate determines how many frames a monitor can display in a second. For action and fast-paced games, you want it to be as fast and smooth as possible. Most monitors have a 144 Hz refresh rate, but some can be pushed up to 240 Hz. Monitors with G-sync capabilities can push the refresh rate up. This way, you won’t miss any of the game’s action.
Response TIme: Basically, the response time is how long it takes the pixels to change. If you want crystal clear images in fast-moving games, without ghosting, you will want a fast response time. It is measured in milliseconds with the best monitors have a response time around 1ms.
Connectivity: You will need at least one port to attach your gaming unit, but you will probably need others. Serious gamers usually have more than one console, and then there are speakers, headphones, and soundbars to name a few other components. Look for G sync monitors will plenty of ports and inputs. Chances are, you will find a use for most if not all of them.
HDR: Not everyone needs or wants HDR, though it does have benefits. Contrasts are more vivid, but there are only a few games right now that require this technology for clear visuals. However, if you plan on watching movies, along with playing games, HDR can bring your favorite shows to life.
The Final Words (Summary)
Your monitor will not determine how skilled you are at a game, but it can help improve your performance. With the best 1440p G sync monitors, every visual will be crisp and clear. Without dark shadows and poor contrasts, you’ll be able to clearly see every part of a scene. You’ll also enjoy faster response times without any blurring or lagging. This can give you an advantage over other players that might have to wait a millisecond or two for their monitor to catch up.
Toppctech.com is supported by the online readers. When you buy through the links on this page that may make some affiliate commissions for us. Learn more.