Toppctech.com is supported by the online readers. When you buy through the links on this page that may make some affiliate commissions for us. Learn more
Whether you’re an avid enthusiast or a casual hobbyist, collecting and listening to vinyl is a rewarding pastime that has been shared for generations.
While some people focus on spending lots of money on ensuring that they have the best quality audio equipment, it doesn’t have to a hobby that’s so hard on the wallet. In fact, there are many inexpensive options when it comes to playing your favorite records that won’t break the bank.
Paying less for your record player doesn’t mean that you have to sacrifice quality or features. In fact, you’ll find that modern turntables have many advanced features that extend the utility of your record player far beyond just listening to vinyl. Here, we explain these features and take you through a guide to the best record players under $100.
A Quick Look At The Top Rated Record Players
|1 BY ONE|
7 Best Record Players Under $100 Reviewed
Getting set up to listen to your record collection doesn’t have to be difficult. The Audio-Technica AT-LP60 is an inexpensive and simple way to enjoy your music. With a beautiful silver finish and a ton of features, you can customize your listening experience easily and affordably.
Built in phono pre-amplifier: There’s no need to buy extra equipment to listen to your vinyls – the Audio Technica turntable is all you need. With a built in phono pre-amplifier, you’ll be able to hook your new turntable into your existing stereo setup with ease.
Low vibration platter: The platter is constructed with innovative material that allows you to listen to your music with less vibration. The anti-resonance aluminum platter is die cast, reducing the amount of distortion that transmits through to your speakers, allowing you to enjoy nothing but your music.
Replaceable diamond stylus: The diamond stylus is controlled by a damped lift mechanism which means that you can start your records up without worrying about scratching them. The controls are conveniently located on the front panel so that you have easy access.
- Diamond stylus with easy lifting control
- Anti-resonance platter which reduces the vibrations through the playback
- Compatible with 33-1/3 and 45 RPM style records
- Dual magnet phono cartridge for superior listening
- Built-in phono pre-amplifier to allow connection to your stereo system
- It may seem quiet until you find the switch that turns the pre-amp on
- The provided RCA cables are very short
Summary: The Audio-Technica AT-LP60 is a great turntable for any music lover, young or old. With easy to use controls and convenient features, it will allow you to focus on what you love the most – the music.
The Wockoder turntable can allow you to combine your love for the nostalgic with the convenience of modern technology. With a beautiful retro wooden finish and many attractive features, the Wockoder turntable is the perfect accessory for the music lover no matter how experienced you are.
Built in speaker: You don’t need any extra fancy equipment to use the Wockoder turntable. It features a high quality built in speaker that enables you to use the turntable as a standalone device. Put it wherever you want without worrying about cables.
Bluetooth connectivity: Thanks to the built in speaker combined with the Bluetooth connectivity, you can use your turntable as more than just a record player. Connect to the speaker using your smartphone in order to hear your favorite music from anywhere in the house.
Innovative design: The Wockoder allows you the freedom of playing all styles of record, and can easily switch between 33, 45 and 78 RPM formats. The body of the turntable is built to reduce vibrations, and the ruby stylus is built for durability.
- Can support three speeds of playback: 33, 45 and 78 RPM
- Bluetooth connectivity allows you to play any format of music
- Built-in speaker allows you to free yourself from cables
- Ruby stylus is built to last longer than an ordinary stylus
- Low vibration design that reduces distortions
- There is no way to adjust the volume
- The built in speaker may not be of the same quality as a more professional sound system
Summary: The Wockoder turntable allows you to easily listen to your record collection without the need for extra accessories. While it may not be up to standard for a true audiophile, it certainly allows anyone to experience the magic of vinyl while allowing you to connect to your digital playlists, too.
If you only ever listen to your vinyl collection occasionally, or like to have a neat and tidy setup, then the Jorlai turntable can help you to enjoy your hobby whilst providing you with a convenient way to store your turntable when you’re not using it. Built in a beautiful, retro-style wooden finish, this turntable has many modern features.
Digitize your vinyl: Listening to vinyl can help you to achieve a fuller, more rich soundscape, but it’s not practical to take your vinyl collection everywhere with you. The Jorlai turntable comes complete with software that can enable you to record your vinyl output to a digital format so you can experience your records anywhere you go.
Portable case: The Jorlai turntable is mounted in a beautiful wooden case, complete with handles so that you can pack it up and move it when you need to. Not only that, but you can also store it more easily without worrying about damage or dust.
Connect to external speakers: The beauty of the Jorlai turntable system is that you can use it as a standalone device, or you can connect it completely with a bigger system. There are RCA output ports that enable you to connect it to external speakers if you wish.
- Easily digitize your records so you can listen to them anywhere
- Strong wooden case that gives you portability
- Bluetooth connectivity allows you to play your digital music through the system
- Easily integrate the turntable into your bigger audio setup
- Compatible with 33, 45 and 78 inch vinyl records
- The turntable needs airing out before you use it due to the materials used in the plastic
- The internal speaker can be very quiet
Summary: The Jorlai turntable is suitable for anyone regardless of experience with records. Whether you have one or one hundred records, you’ll love the convenience of this system and the ease at which you can use it wherever you want.
While some of the previous turntables on our list are suited to people who want a fun way to listen to their records, we understand that the true audiophile wants something that looks sleek and professional. The Lauson turntable is just that: a feature rich turntable with a modern, technological look that will fit in any existing audio setup.
Large easy-to-grip dials: This turntable features an inbuilt speaker, and you can control every aspect of the sound to create a highly personalized audio experience. Featured on the front of the system are large easy-to-grip dials that allow you to control the tone and volume of the sound.
USB integration: The USB integration of this system allows you to connect to any compatible external source so that you can experience a range of different music and sounds. Not only that, but you can use the USB port to help you digitize your vinyl collection for easy on-the-road listening.
Complete with extra stylus: When your stylus breaks, you have to get by without being able to listen to your records. The Lauson turntable comes with an extra stylus so that you’ll never find yourself in this uncomfortable position.
- Compatible with 33, 45 and 78 RPM records
- USB integration that allows you to connect other sources
- Belt-driven system that produces an authentic sound
- Built-in speaker with volume and tone controls for extra customization
- Comes with an extra stylus for easy replacement
- The auto-off feature has been known to engage before the end of the record is reached
- The accessory app can be difficult to use
Summary: The Lauson turntable is perfect for the budding audiophile thanks to its super sleek and technological look. Not only can you enjoy your records but you can use the turntable to digitize your collection, too.
A portable solution to your vinyl needs is great when you want to listen to your music wherever you find yourself. The Musitrend suitcase turntable not only allows you to take your music with you on the road but the design ensures that it will stand out and impress those around you.
Vintage style case: Inspired by the fashions of the days of old, the Musitrend turntable is contained within a beautiful leather-look suitcase which is available in a number of retro color schemes. Not only will you be able to transport your turntable easily, but the eye catching design is sure to turn heads.
Built in stereo speakers: Most turntables feature a single built in speaker, but the Musitrend turntable features a set of stereo speakers so that you can enjoy more depth to your music. You can also connect easily to external speakers in order to enjoy a louder sound.
Integrative design: The Musitrend turntable is built to integrate with your life, no matter what technology you’re comfortable with. With a USB port as well as an SD card reader and auxiliary input, you can digitize your vinyls, connect your smartphone and so much more.
- Portable suitcase design so that you can pack it up and travel easily
- Case comes in many vintage-inspired designs and looks great
- Digitize your collection through the USB or SD card reader
- Use the built-in speakers or connect to an external source through the RCA outputs
- Bluetooth connectivity allows for use with a smartphone
- Bluetooth connection announcements can be loud and frequent
- No power cord, so charging must be performed using your own cables
Summary: The Musitrend suitcase turntable is a great portable way to listen to your records wherever you want to. With the high level of integration, you can enjoy music no matter the source, allowing for hours of fun no matter where you are.
Cluttering up your music space with huge devices can lead to a feeling of disorder, and the perfect solution to that problem is the 1 By One mini turntable. This compact turntable allows you to play full sized records without generating a huge footprint, allowing you to use it wherever you want.
Beautiful compact design: This tiny turntable may look small but the sound is wide and rich. With a sleek black form featuring silver controls, this turntable is a great looking and highly functional turntable that gives you all the features you’re looking for.
Use the integrated speakers or connect your headphones: This turntable features integrated speakers, allowing you to get your groove for anyone to hear. However, given how compact the system is, it is easy to connect your headphones and move it around as you see fit.
USB playback: If you’re running out of records to listen to, you can insert a USB stick to play your digital music. Not only that, but you can also use a USB drive to digitize your music for safe storage or to listen to it on your smartphone whenever you feel like it.
- Super compact design that takes up minimal space
- USB integration allowing for playback of digital music
- Easily digitize your record collection for more flexible listening solutions
- Connect your headphones for an easy way to listen discretely
- Though small, plays full sized records
- No Bluetooth integration
- The arm lock is thin so care must be taken not to knock the system
Summary: If you’re looking for a turntable that can help you to experience the signature sound of vinyl but don’t want to invest in a huge system, then the 1 By One compact turntable is the choice for you. With a super small design and packed full of features, this turntable will have you enjoying your old records in a whole new way.
When it comes to turntables, nothing beats simplicity. The Wrcibo vintage style turntable is a beautifully elegant record player that will allow you to focus on the only thing that counts: listening to your favorite music.
Get back to the traditional style: It can be easy to be presented with too many choices, which is why this turntable is so effective. This turntable features a sleek wooden design that enables you to play your records without overwhelmed with knobs, dials and connections.
Built in speakers: It’s easy to get started with the Wrcibo turntable thanks to the built in speakers. There’s no need to connect to a bigger sound system in order to begin enjoying your favorite songs – just switch it on and lower the arm!
Playback through your smartphone: This turntable features an auxiliary input which allows for an easy connection through your smartphone. This means that you don’t have to limit yourself to a single music source and can listen to your whole collection whenever you want.
- Simplistic design that focuses on the music rather than extra features
- Vintage natural wood build that looks great in any space
- Belt-driven system that faithfully produces your vinyl sounds
- Auxiliary input that allows you to play music from your smartphone
- Built-in stereo speakers for a superior sound
- No Bluetooth functionality
- No ability to digitize your vinyl
Summary: If you’d prefer to focus only on the music rather than an extensive feature list, then the Wrcibo turntable is the perfect tool for you. With a beautiful vintage design and a natural wood finish, the turntable not only looks great but produces a crisp, clear sound, too.
The Final Words (Summary)
Whether you’re a vinyl enthusiast, or you’re just getting into the hobby of collecting records, a record player doesn’t have to cost you a fortune. You can find many inexpensive options that allow you to experience the classic vinyl sounds in a new, clear way. We hope you’ve found inspiration in our guide to the best record players under 100 dollars so you can start listening to your records today.