DNS_probe_finished_nxdomain error is one of the most common browser errors which is daily affecting most PC user. It regularly affects browsing system which prevents us from getting to some of the sites such as Facebook, eBay, Yahoo and other sites.
A significant number of PC users don’t have the knowledge to fix the error once it occurs in their browser. This article will help you to understand the reason it appears, how to fix, and also how to prevent the error.
Why The NxDomain Error Occurs
There many reasons associated with the error but the most common ones include the following-
- Changes in chrome setting
- Use of incompatible vpn software
- Problem with network connection
- The error can be caused by the antivirus in your PC windows
- The error can also be out of using proxy
The above are the most commonly reported reasons which cause the error to occur. Ones your browser is affected by this error you will not be able to access most sites. Let us now discuss on how to fix the error once it appears on your browser.
8 Ways To Fix Dns_Probe_Finished_NxDomain Error In Browser
1. Working on your antivirus
Some of the times antivirus refuses to work, or there are changes in their configuration which might lead to occurring of the error. To avoid this, you can regularly be checking your antivirus system.
If antivirus causes the error, the best thing is to change your antivirus system. If changing will not work you can disable the antivirus from your PC’s windows. Sometimes none of the above work, in such cases, you need to remove or uninstall the whole antivirus system completely. No need to worry about protection ones you uninstall antivirus because the system still has the basic protection from the windows defender.
If the error gets solved by uninstalling your antivirus, we recommend you to choose another antivirus system which will be compatible with your PC’s windows.
2. Using command prompt
Using command prompt is one of the easiest and commonly used methods to solve the error. To use this solution you need to perform the following steps.
- Press windows key + x to open the power user menu then click on command prompt.
- Once the command prompt open enter ipconfig/flushdns then press Enter.
- After the process is done you can close command prompt and check if the error is solved.
In case the error is not solved you can repeat the process using the following lines on step two.
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
3. Use Google public DNS
The error can also be caused by server’s DNS if it is having some issues. You can use different server to fix this error, you only need to follow the following steps.
- Click on the network icon on the taskbar and chose your network from the list.
- Click on change adapter option.
- Right Click on your network connection and choose properties from the menu.
- Choose internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) then clicks on properties button.
- Go to use the following DNS server address. On the preferred DNS user enter 184.108.40.206 and on the Alternate DNS user enter 220.127.116.11 then press OK button.
After step five the error should be solved. If the above steps don’t work on your server, you can also try resetting chrome to default by doing the following step.
- Open a new tap on the Google Chrome and enter chrome://flags/.
- Click on reset all to default button.
- Your Pc’s chrome will be reset, and hopefully, the error will be fixed.
4. Restart the DNS client service
If the DNS error appears in the Google Chrome, it is possible for you to fix it by restarting DNS client service. You will need these steps this solution.
- Press windows key + R and enter services.MSC then click OK
- On the menu which will appear to locate DNS client service, right click on it and choose Restart.
- After step two you can close the service windows and check if the error is resolved.
5. Disable VPN software
Many PC users use VPN software to protect their online privacy; the software helps but sometimes they interfere with the DNS which will cause the error to occur. To resolve the problem, you can just disable the VPN client software and then check if the error is fixed.
If disabling will not fix the error we recommend you to remove the VPN client software or you can use a software uninstaller and uninstall the VPN system. Note: if you use the uninstaller application it will remove the software together with the files and registries associated with the software. If you remove the software and the issue is solved, then you might need to consider using different VPN client.
6. Disable proxy
Peoples also use proxy to protect their privacy online, but it can also cause DNS error. To fix the error, you can turn off the proxy by following these instructions.
- Press window key + I to open the setting app.
- Get to Network and Internet section
- Select proxy on the left menu and turn off all options from the right pane; this will disable your proxy, and the error will be fixed.
7. Update your browser
The outdated browser version is also capable of causing the error, therefore, we highly recommend you to update your browser to the latest version. Follow these steps to upgrade Google Chrome to the latest version.
- Open Chrome and click the menu icon.
- Choose help then about Google Chrome from the menu.
- You will see the information about your PC’s version and if there are updates needed it will be automatically updated. The error should be solved after updating.
Some of the tips to avoid the error to happen in the future include:
- Updating your browser regularly.
- Make sure that the VPN client software you are using is compatible with your PC’s windows.
- Use the best antivirus software which is suitable for your PC.
- Check your extensions regularly.
8. Others Solutions
The Final Words
The DNS_probe_finished_nxdomain error can cause head ace to you but if you decide to follow our solutions above and follow instructions correctly be sure you will solve this error comfortably. Your PC will not be facing this error any more time if you use prevention points above.
If you like the article please consider rating it-