In this time this ‘dns_probe_finished_nxdomain’ error is a common problem if you are a Google Chrome user. You face this error anytime when you browse internet which is really very annoying. Maximum time user are facing this problem only in Google Chrome Browser, at the same time as you can simply browse any website or page on Mozilla Firefox or other browser. This significant error happens because DNS lookup Fails or change when you try to browse or access the website or page.
It is just a simple DNS Server issue and you can easily fix the dns probe finished nxdomain error just by changing your regular gained DNS lookup servers to Open DNS server. But sometime this error may be occur by some different type issues and you might have to try another solutions. That’s why I make a file where all the solutions given by Google Forum, Microsoft and other specialists to solve this dns error in your computer operating system Windows 7,8 and windows 10.
Ok then, Today I will Share all the solutions that can assist you to find rid of this Error Code Name DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN simply. So Lets go and follow the step by step methods.
Fixing The DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN Error
=>> Solution 1: Clear Browser History and Cache or Reinstall your Browser-
Sometime this unexpected error occurred by browser history and cache, so first you can apply this easy solution.
- Clearing all Cache and History in your Google Chrome Browser – You can simply clear all the cache in your Google chrome browser by some easy steps, 1st you click on the ‘Customize and control’ button from the top right corner of your Google Chrome browser and then you click on the Settings from the menu. Now Scroll down and you click on ‘Show Advanced Settings’ key. Now this moment you go the ‘privacy’ sector and click on the ‘Clear Browsing Data’ button. Now you see the new window popup in your monitor then you check the box that says, Cookies and Other site and Plugin Data and you also check Cached Images and Files after that you simply click on the ‘Clear browsing data’ button for clear your browser all the History and Cache.
Customize and control (top right corner) -> click Settings -> Now click Show Advanced Settings -> then go privacy segment -> click Clear Browsing Data -> check all the box -> Now you click on Clear browsing data.
=>> Solution 2: Flushing the DNS Address-
As This DNS error occurs because of DNS lookup failed, We will first attempt to Flush the DNS address that could be a way out to this problem, Follow these simple methods:
At first you press your Windows Key + R from the keyboard to open up the Run dialogue box. Then you type in CMD and press the enter button from your keyboard to open up ‘Command Prompt’ (You can also open Command Prompt easily by press Windows key + X and simply click on the Command Prompt Admin). When you see the command prompt open in your monitor than you type the bellow highlighted command in the command prompt and press enter.
netsh winsock reset catalog
When you see the above command is executed then you reboot your computer.
Windows Key + R (Run) -> Type CMD (Press Enter) -> Type ‘netsh winsock reset catalog’ (Press Enter) -> Reboot your computer
Really this dns stuff help you to fix the dns problems. If this method doesn’t work for you then you move to the solution number three.
=>> Solution 3: Changing your DNS settings-
If you are still facing the same error in your browser then you will need to do some changing in the DNS Settings which i will explain you step by step in just a bit. First let me notify you that this necessitates you to make some modifies in your DNS Address but these modifies appears to work and helps you to get rid of the dns probe finished nxdomain error.
First you right click on the ‘Network Icon’ in your right bellow task bar, then you click on the ‘Open Network and Sharing Center’. When you click then a Window will open up in your monitor, On the left Pane site, you click on the Change Adapter Settings button.
This time you will see all your Network Connection in the screen but you will have to identify which is the active and connected network that you use, The network can be LAN or Wireless Connection. Now this time you will right click on the Active Connection icon and then click on the Properties.
When you click then a window will Pop up there just you click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) which is bellow in the box and then you click on the Properties button under it.
Now this time you will have to make sure ‘Use the Following DNS server Addresses’. Where you will change the following Values which shown in the Below Picture.
Modify the value “Preferred DNS Server”: 184.108.40.206
This also modify “Alternate DNS Server”: 220.127.116.11
Now you click the OK button and refresh your webpage.
Note: You can unchecked the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) in the bellow.
=>> Some Tips to Avoid the Dns_Probe_Finished_Nxdomain-
- Always try to clear your browser history, cookies and cache.
- You also clear your recycle bin, temp file, prefetch and %temp% file always.
- Always use one active internet network connection and disable others internet connection.
- If you use any type of website filtering software then obviously update the software or uninstall it.
- If you will not face the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN again then you should be disable your windows and antivirus firewall.
These three methods normally work to fix this dns search error but if you still can’t get rid of this then you can try to Reinstall your Google Chrome browser or reset up windows on your Computer.If you like the article please consider rating it-